What We Do
The Right Talent Throughout the Deal Cycle
The right team for growth
The right team to sell
Most search firms work only on a post-control, retained basis. Our pre-deal services support you during the diligence process, before you commit capital.
- We'll approach pre-approved candidates to preserve confidentiality
- We'll introduce outside candidates with industry expertise, allowing you to benchmark the current team against the best outside operators
- You'll have the right team in place at the time of close, leading to better returns, faster
-Understand the best way to work with current key executives
-Gain insight where they’ll need support
-Make faster “support or replace” decisions
Recruiting the Right Leaders to Execute the Investment Thesis
- We start by diving into the assumptions and conclusions behind the key themes of your Investment Thesis.
-We review the management presentations and listen to your appraisal of the management team, current pressure points and execution priorities.
We'll work with you to diagnose the implications of the Investment Thesis for the leadership team:
- What must they deliver or change in order to create value?
- What are the key execution risks on which success or failure will pivot?
- What insights, experiences, and skills must the executive team possess?
DATA & MARKET INSIGHT
Successful investors challenge accepted truth and forge their own path. Vardis has reviewed more than 5,000 PE exits between 2017 and 2022, profiling the backgrounds of every sitting CEO and CFO, and comparing demographic, education, functional experience, industry experience, prior ownership experience, etc., against actual investment outcomes.
-Is prior PE experience and indicator of Private Equity DNA™?
-Does it lead to better outcomes?
-What prior functional experience is best for a CEO? A CFO?
Vardis uses is proprietary research on outcomes to answer these questions affirm the key elements of candidate profile.
Communication, client involvement, and transparent KPIs form the bedrock of this process. Our weekly updates are geared to mutual problem solving and open, honest communication of our process, our activity, and the steps required to achieve a successful outcome.